Taking the lead from Rachel, I thought I’d try doing Grace in Small Things. Realistically I can probably only do it weekly, but it’s a start, and it’s a nice way to be appreciative of the smaller things that can get lost in the shuffle of everyday life.
1. Long weekends. Even though we just started a new semester, I am so looking forward to the upcoming three-day weekend. More time to hang with Baby Girl, to work on the book, and to prepare for next week’s classes.
2. Time Machine. I love this back-up feature on my Mac. It takes the thinking out of it for me, and means I always have a recent version of all my work saved.
3. Pho. Baby Girl and I are both a bit under the weather, and the thought of steaming, fragrant Vietnamese broth (cooled off a bit for her, of course!) is lovely.
4. Hand-me downs. Baby Girl has a lot of just-older cousins, and we’ve been lucky to get so many bags of beautiful clothes. It’s much colder than it has been, and I pulled out a great winter coat for her today that is brand new to her. Love! Plus, it’s always neat to see her in things I remember my nieces wearing—lots of good memories.
5. Libraries. Our town has a wonderful, spacious, vibrant library. We just started a weekly Story time there this month, and it’s been a lot of fun hanging out after and looking through all the books. It’s a good way to while away a winter morning, and to socialize with other babies the same age.
Have a great weekend!